Muscat City Desalination Company (MCDC), which owns the Ghubrah Independent Water Plant, plans to float its RO6.31mn initial public offering (IPO) on November 19. The offer price is fixed at 116 baisas, which include a nominal value of 100 baisas, a premium of 14 baisas and an expenditure of 2 baisas per share.
The company is offering 54.44 million shares or 35 per cent of its paid up capital through the planned IPO, which will close its one-month subscription on December 18, according to the issue prospectus posted by the Capital Market Authority.
Bank Muscat is the financial advisor and issue manager for the share offer.
According to the prospectus, 65 per cent of the share offer is reserved for category one or small investors, who apply for up to 500,000 shares, while the remaining 35 per cent allocation will be for those investors (category two) who apply for 500,100 or more shares. The share offer is available for both Omani and non-Omani investors. The initial public offering complies with the obligations stipulated in the project founders’ agreement.
The company’s plant provides 24 per cent of the total water capacity of the interconnected zone. A proven technology, an expert team and good availability, help the company deliver uninterrupted water supplies with minimum outages. The plant was built with a capital expenditure of OMR103 million to deliver 42 million gallons of potable water per day. The project started commercial operation on February 19 2016.
The company currently generates its revenues, pursuant to a 20-year term water purchase agreement with OPWP, which is indirectly wholly-owned by the government. The desalinated water from the plant is fully contracted to OPWP and is being used to meet the growing water demand during the term of the WPA and beyond.
Promoted by global leaders with vast experience in the water industry, Malakoff International (Malaysia), Sumitomo Corporation (Japan) and Cadagua S A (Spain), MCDC is the owner of Oman’s largest water plant.
MCDC has long term contracted water purchase agreements until 2034 with government-owned Oman Power and Water Procurement Company, ensuring stable and predictable cash flows.
MCDC’s share offer is the fifth issue in Oman this year, after four insurance companies – Al Ahlia Insurance, Vision Insurance, Oman Qatar Insurance and National Life and General Insurance – floated their IPOs.